Monday, April 23, 2012

Wendi

After going to many rockabilly shows. I started to meet some really great people. One in particular, my good friend Wendy.



I went to the Skylark Lounge one night and as I usually do I ask gals to dance. I was about to leave for the evening and I see two pretty rockabilly girls sitting in a booth. They were in vintage dresses and had their hair done. They looked great. I asked one of them to dance with me. She had such a great time we dance the last few songs of the night. After the band was done we exchanged contact info. About 3 weeks later I get a facebook message from her asking if I wanted to do a beginner swing dance class with her. I said yes.

The next month we started the class. After every class we would go to the Skylark Lounge and practice. Not even 3 weeks she already picked up the dance and we still had about 3 weeks left of the class. When the classes were done, she was swing dancer. Now every week we are out dancing with Tyler and Amanda and creating a Great show for everyone.

Wend also runs a Rockabilly fashion blog. Check it out!

A really cool video of us dancing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You started a dance blog!!

    Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete