Monday, April 23, 2012

Tyler and Amanda

So early summer, I've been consistently dancing at as many venues I can fit in my weeks. One weekend my friend Gabrielle and I went to see the Rockabilly band "The Lucky Few" at Rockabillies, (my second favorite Rockabilly Bar). The band already started when we arrived. We took a seat and this couple went on the dance  floor and started dancing the Jive. Jive is another popular rockabilly dance style. Any way they were the coolest dancers I've ever seen. His dance style was full of jumps and turns and twirls. I can't explain how cool the look you just have to see for yourself.



After they were done I went to go talk to them. They introduced themselves as Tyler and Amanda. We talked and he told me he used to dance at the Mercury Cafe and was on Tiffiny's old dance team 23Skidoo. 23Skidoo a profession team that won numerous dance competitions and put Denver on the map for one the best place for swing dancing. Anyway, along with the Rockabilly dancing, this was the bonding moment of our friendship.

Tyler and Amanda are now teaching a monthly jive lesson at Denver Turnverein.


No comments:

Post a Comment