Monday, April 23, 2012

1940s WWII Ball 2011


This was a great event. Every year the Boulder Airport brings out their vintage fighter planes, WWII collectibles, great vintage jazz bands with celebrity look-alikes, and of course a big dance floor. They had one of my favorite big bands called, The Hot Tomatoes. They also had a young Frank Sinatra look-alike as well as The Andrew Sisters look-alike. They all sang and acted like the real celebrities it was great. Everyone there dressed vintage including myself. It was like I walked through a time portal and was in the 1940's
1940s WWII Summer Ball

I didn't have anyone to go with because I still didn't know many people in the swing dance scene. I decide to go alone and just meet new people. Not long after I arrived I saw an girl that I have danced with a few times at the Mercury Cafe, Amie. Amie is an awesome person who always has a bright smile on her face. I was excited to see her. She came alone as well so we decided to hang out during the rest of dance. Her and I danced together pretty much the whole night.

Amie and I



About an hour in I met up with Patrick in Beth and took some photos by the vintage fighter planes.

Beth and Patrick



This was the coolest dance and great way to end the month of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment